The cluster funded undertaking GeReLEO-SMART contains the development an qualification of a payload for geostationary satellites. Besides of novelty of the system concept itself the GeReLEO multibeam antenna system is based on multiple innovations:
- RF-MEMS technology to build up a switching network
- Use of a PCB technologie based on polymer soft-substrates to realize a planar mutli-feed array
- Integration of discrete active and passive components and chips in a layer stackup of the planar multi-feed array PCB
- Development of small bandwidth LNAs (bandwidth about 1...1,5 GHz) to minimize the noice figure
- Use of a reconfigable FPGA-based control of LNAs and MEMS to minimize the electric power consumption.
Further Information can be found on the project website www.gereleo-smart.de.