Address for navigation
Melatener Str. 25
Parking is directly possible at the institute grounds. A special parking permit is mandatory which can be obtained by guests of the institute at the secretariat. Cars without parking permit will be towed on behalf of the university security.
- Sie erreichen uns mit den Linien 12, 13 und 22 bis Haltestelle „Turmstraße“.
- Von der Ecke Turmstraße/Maastrichterstraße folgen Sie der Turmstraße bergauf bis zum Hotel Baccara.
- Dort befindet sich eine Treppe, die oben angekommen, auf die Melatener Straße führt. Links halten.
- Nach ein paar Metern beginnt dort eine Mauer, in der sich ein Fußgängertor befindet, welches direkt zum Institut für Hochfrequenztechnik führt.
- Das Institut für Hochfrequenztechnik befindet sich im rechten Flügel des Gebäudes.
Arrival at Aachen West
- You should exit the station to the left
- Then turn after about 30 m to the right into the "Geschwister-Scholl-Straße"
- Take the stairs at the next bridge and turn right
- Cross the bridge and turn into the second next street to the right, the "Melatener Straße"
- After a few meters you see a wall with a gate on the left side of the street
- This is the entrance to our building. The Institute of High Frequency Technology is located in the right wing.
Arrival at Aachen Central Station (Hauptbahnhof)
- Bus line 13 stops in front of the station every 15 minutes
- Take this one to the bus stop "Turmstraße"
- Change to the other side of the street
- Follow the Turmstraße uphill to the Hotel Baccara
- Take the stairs and then turn left into "Melatener Straße"
- After a few meters you see a wall with a gate on the left side of the street. This is the entrance to our building. The Institute of High Frequency Technology is located in the right wing.
The airport Düsseldorf is about 90 km away from Aachen. The SkyTrain cabin railway connects the airport railway station "Düsseldorf-Flughafen" with the terminal. Afterwards you can take a train with destination "Aachen-West", followed by walking 10 minutes to the Institute of High Frequency Technology.
You can also continue your journey with a hired car or taxi.
The airport Köln/Bonn is about 85 km away from Aachen. There is a direct connection to the railway station so that you can go to Aachen by train, destination "Aachen-West". As an alternative you can also take a taxi or hire a car.
The airport Maastricht-Aachen is located in the Netherlands about 40 km away from Aachen. There is a taxi stand just outside of the terminal building where you will always find taxis available to continue your journey to Aachen to the Institut of High Frequency Technology. There is also the possibility to drive with a shuttle from the airport Maastricht-Aachen to the central railway station "Maastricht". From there you can go to Aachen by train.