For this internet presence, the data privacy statement of the RWTH Aachen in its current version applies. In addition, the following explanations apply.
Web analysis by Matomo (formerly PIWIK)
1. scope of the processing of personal data
On our website we use the open source software tool Matomo (formerly PIWIK) to analyse the surfing behaviour of our users. The software places a cookie on the user's computer (for cookies, see the data protection declaration of RWTH Aachen University). If individual pages of our website are accessed, the following data is stored:
(1) Two bytes of the IP address of the accessing system of the user
(2) The accessed website
(3) The website from which the user has accessed the accessed website (referrer)
(4) The sub-pages accessed from the accessed website
(5) The date and duration of the visit
(6) The number of visits to the website
(7) Information about the device used for accessing this site (device type, operating system, screen resolution, language, country, web browser)
The software runs exclusively on the servers of our website. The personal data of users is only stored there. The data will not be passed on to third parties.
The software is set so that the IP addresses are not completely stored, but 2 bytes of the IP address are masked (e.g.: 192.168.xxx.xxx). In this way it is no longer possible to assign the shortened IP address to the calling computer.
2. legal basis for the processing of personal data
The legal basis for processing users' personal data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR .
3 Purpose of data processing
The processing of users' personal data enables us to analyse the surfing behaviour of our users. We are able to compile information about the use of the individual components of our website by evaluating the data obtained. This helps us to continuously improve our website and its user-friendliness. For these purposes, it is also in our legitimate interest to process the data in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR . By anonymizing the IP address, users' interest in protecting their personal data is sufficiently taken into account.
4 Duration of storage
The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer needed for our recording purposes. In our case, this is the case after 13 months.
5. possibility of opposition and elimination
We offer our users on our website the possibility of an opt-out from the analysis procedure. You will find them below. In this way, another cookie is placed on your system, which signals to our system not to store the user's data. If the user deletes the corresponding cookie from his own system in the meantime, he must set the opt-out cookie again.